Thursday, October 11, 2007

I Believe that a Pencil is better than a Pen

It’s hard to say that I really believe in anything, I am always trying to decide whether or not I actually have enough information to constantly believe in anything. I’m not trying to portray no moral compass, I do believe in kindness and caring individuals, I’m trying to assert that certain variables in these types of psychological decisions are almost impossible to put your finger on. However, I do understand that because the flexibility of certain beliefs driven by experience are interchangeable from our familiarity in such themes of constant certainty. In other words, it is safe to assume that our argument in this subject matter should be only faith based.

A time not long ago I would have been able to feed such a sugar coated topic with political standpoints, philosophical indignations and religious affiliation. But now I have been lead to exemplify my insight or lack there of in such things as; the incapacity to truly make educated decisions, come to utterly true syllogistic statements and hard core factual belief.

My thoughts on justice- I wonder how some people ignore the obvious utterances in situations to make irrational decisions. A strong point being Joshes multiple run-ins with the legal system. Nobody ever stopped to look at the good things Josh may do, he never got credit for making his payments, going to school or the other things he does to make society a better living scenario. The system just stops; making their ill-advised verdict and making a persons life worse, instead of helping. Situations like this resemble oxymoron’s, the law pursues extreme mistreatment upon its citizens for the usual petty and often times misunderstood “crimes”. On the other hand, it goes with out saying we should have laws in place and they should be pursued, albeit justified. It becomes a question of significance where we need to erase the imperfections, to become the real justice system originally stated.

My thoughts on editing- my life is such a thing. We worry about the perfection of what we write. When none of us can legitimately and positively say whose writing style stands out as the most original or stylistic piece we read. Why these things are beyond me probably assures a reason that I am certainly not all knowing or all powerful. The day to day questions I ensue most markedly; pass in and out of my streaming consciousness leaving their own private dents upon the things I recognize as being important. Just so when I wake up I can end up right back where I started, clueless.

My two short bits are why I believe a pencil is better than a pen, no one can truly say mine is better than yours or vice versa. I find how I feel about this subject disturbing for now, but that will change. For the simple fact, right now there is so much that I am unable to see clearly that will keep me from finding a true real belief system. I know that there are wrongs and rights in the world, but our discussion on Thursday explains why I believe it is nothing more than a matter of personal opinion. Like personal opinion is a simple focus point in itself? Now to complete my analogy, the idea comes from the pencils ability to erase our once concrete ideas which we discovered untrue.

No comments: