Saturday, January 20, 2007

My Computer Wants to Play Hardball




Maybe I am stupid or something and just can't figure anything out. I am pretty well versed in technology, so I do not know why this has been such a problem. All I wanted to do was post my blog on movie etiquette but for some unknown reason it is not letting me do it. I cannot paste into this blog from my word document to save my life. So guess what, ladies and gentlemen. I have a brand new pet peeve that totally irks me more than people talking in movies. Not being able to operate frustrating technology, more specifically this exact posting problem I'm having, currently tops my list of pet peeves.

Now I know what you are asking. "You have a completely written and edited blog on people talking during movies which is just ready and waiting to be posted. So why not do it?" Well, to be honest it's a question of my own blood pressure right now. I am positive that I am the only one having this problem. I needed somewhere to vent because all of my roommates are asleep right now, at 6 p.m. in the afternoon. Yes, that is another pet peeve, but maybe I will save that for my third attempted post.

I do not blame anyone for this but myself and the computer I am sitting at right now. My pet peeve is that technology is not up to par with my thoughts. I am not trying to imply that I am of superior intelligence. I just want to be able for a computer, TV, phone, radio, mp3 player, car, dishwasher, washing machine, dryer to do exactly what I want it to do, precisely when I want it to. I want to speak directly to my computer and say, "Hey guy, why are you doing this to me? Please post my blog from Word. Give me the option to do that." Then he would simply say "O.K." in a robotic voice and do what I told it to.

Technology just isn't to speed with my needs and I have to pay the price for it. I want the ability to sit down in a car and tell it to drive me to a location and I could just sit back and watch it happen, or sleep depending on whether I was tired or not. I also would like for my broken washing machine to work properly after I kick it. The washing machine should have the mental capacity to reason out a thought that would sound like, "Hey, I'm getting kicked. I should probably get to work."

Simple things in technology should be easy for everyone, not just the skilled and professional. I hate the elitist feeling that you can do things with technology that others cannot. Everyone should be able to work equally with technology, even with a most basic understanding.

No comments: